The following is what I hope will be a helpful list of some Emergency Assistance agencies in and around the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
*The following information is provided solely as a convenience and I am not responsible if the listed information has changed or is out-of-date.
1771 E. Flamingo Rd. #206B. Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Provides limited emergency assistance only for disaster victims, including single family house fires.
Catholic Charities Administrative Office -- 702-385-2662
1501 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Provides a variety of emergency assistance, including a hot meal, showers, a bed, job counseling, assists with utility shut-offs and other problems.
Catholic Charities of S. Nevada WIC Program -- 702-366-2069
1511 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Supplemental food for women, infants and children
Retired Senior Volunteer Program -- 702-382-0721
531 N. 30th St., Las Vegas, NV., 89101
- Nutrition programs, compantion programs, carrier alert, crime prevention and victim assistance for senior citizens.
Christ Episcopal Church -- 702-735-7655
2100 S. Maryland Parkway., Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Provides emergency food boxes.
Giving Life Ministries -- 702-565-4984
416 Perlite Way, Henderson, NV 89015
- Provides food twice per week - Tuesday and Friday 9 a.m - 12 noon. Other services provided as funds are available.
Las Vegas Rescue Mission -- 702-382-1766
480 W. Bonanza. Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Overnight shelter, recovery, thrift store, and dinner at 5 p.m., seven days per week.
Shade Tree Women's and Children's Shelter (24 hours) -- 702-385-4596
1 W. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, NV 89030
- Provides emergency shelter, food, clothing & spiritual counseling.
TIP: Trauma Intervention Program -- 702-229-0426
- 24 hour on-call grief counselors to assist people during times of crisis, such as an unexpected death or suicide of a family member.
Westcare Community Triage Center (Detox) -- 702-383-4044
930 N. 4th St. Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Provides a place to detox from drugs or alcohol, usually on a walk-in basis (if space available - best to call ahead.)